Minutes PTFA Meeting 12th July

1) Introductions and Apologies

Apologies – Jason, Ellie, Marcus, Lu, Jackie

Attendees – Aisling, Sophie, Sandra, Siobhan, Sarah, Katie


2) Actions from last PTFA meeting

a) Gift Aid development – Charities Commission confirmed we have been accepted for Gift Aid! Katie and Marcus are meeting to discuss how best to capture gift aid on donations provided to date. Going forward, we will push gift aid declarations in new School Year.

b) Playground equipment quotations –Pentagon have confirmed Jan start date. We need to check what ground works we need to do ahead of this. Next step – GRANTS! Can anyone help us secure/apply for grant funding towards cost of equipment?


3) Finance

a) Balance as at the 5th July is £28,049. A final total of what has been raised this year will be done. A huge thanks to all for helping achieve this!!

A few payments to come out such as reimbursements to committee members for expenditure, school purchase of circus PE equipment, library scanner licence potentially…. And playground equipment (£15k)

b) Cash from Frozen Friday sales, Sports Day refreshments and uniform sales will be deposited in the bank by cashiers (save for £50 float). Frozen Friday final sale will be Thursday 21st. Some crisps in the cupboard to be sold before they go out of date too.

c) IOUs from summer fair – still a substantial amount due (circa £200) due to failure of card machines. Aisling will send a reminder email.

d) Thank you gifts for staff to be distributed (office staff, caretaker)


4) Summer Fair Recap/Lessons Learned

a) Overall everyone very pleased with running of the day and amount raised.

b) Feedback on having different queues for those who have pre-paid entry and those buying on gate.

c) Have a separate stall just selling tokens so it is obvious. However this will all depend on no. of volunteers we get.

d) Face painting, make designs simpler to reduce queuing time. Or charge £2 for more fancy designs.

e) Fair games – need more volunteers or split between classes?

f) Tombola – would a silent auction lead to more/bigger donations?

5) Class Reps – message to go out asking reps if they are happy to stay on and if not, to find a replacement.

6) Events Past

Sports Day refreshments (coffee, cold drinks and croissants for parents; fruit and squash for kids) went down well. x75 croissants seems to be the right amount.

7) Events for Next Year

a) New Parents Coffee Morning, possibly Friday 23rd Sept. Presbytery worked well last time.

b) A parents only event such as a quiz early November.

c) Would there be interest in a ‘pamper’ night for mums : talk from a stylist, glass of fizz, gin tasting? Have stalls from local aestheticians?

d) KS1 + 2 discos just before Oct half term. Need to get licence for this. Parents must be on site to supervise children. DJ? Ask for favourite songs to put on playlist?

e) Christmas Fair date – would be good to get this confirmed asap by school. First Sunday in December would be best. Silent Auction was a good earner last year, repeat or hold at a different time?

f) Christmas cards/art – this is a real admin headache for little profit but is popular with parents. Aisling to research best/least admin heavy options for this.

g) Donut and uniform sales every term?? Flower sales?

8) Fully funded resources/events

We will touch base with school to understand what they want us to fund. Amazon wish list, books for library, offer plays/music events such as Bristol Old Vic performances, magician show, get an orchestra in to do a show and tell/performance.

Recent Posts

See All